Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

T-3.5 days!


Sleep: 8

food: paleo pancakes, smoky links, eggs, walnuts, raisins, roast beef, tomatoes, acorn squash, pistachios, awesome spaghetti squash dinner w/ walnut pesto sauce! Recipe Below!!!

gym: no

Reflection: yesterday I went shopping with my mom, paleo snacks in arm en route: apple, walnuts, raisins, chocolate, prunes (i apologize to myself that I have no readily available veggies). I planned for breakfast at my parents with pancakes mix pre-made. This morning I had to hear it from my dad in various outbursts, "Mmmm...this [insert something I can't eat for another 4 days] is good." Ah. all in good fun.

Spaghetti Squash with Spinach Walnut Pesto (gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo)

1 cup of "meat" from spaghetti squash (to bake, cut in half, scrape out seeds and place on cookie sheet at 375 for 35 minutes rind side up and scrape out meat after squash has cooled)
1 loosely packed cup of spinach
about 10 basil leaves
1/4 cup walnuts
2 small, or one large clove of garlic
2 tablespoons olive oil

Mix the spinach, basil, walnuts and garlic in a mini food processor until blended and add olive oil until a pesto forms (you may need more of less olive oil). In a skillet over medium heat, add the spaghetti squash and the pesto and cook for five minutes or so until the flavors are incorporated.

I also made turkey meatballs, but they didn't go well with the squash. I just mixed the turkey burger, 1/2 onion, eyeballed oregano, and 1 egg. I left out the almond meal in place of bread crumbs because i didn't feel they were necessary. Then I made 4 little balls and put them on 375 for 15 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment