Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day 22

SLEEP: 4.5 hours (oops)

FOOD: bacon, eggs, coffee, chicken, romaine lettuce, 1/2 apple, 7 baby carrots, two handfuls of walnuts and raisins, turkey meatloaf (which I made last night and were today's leftovers), chocolate, raisins, and Rob's Hot Chili!!

GYM: not really. but I did clean 95# which is a PR!! the last time I tried it, I hurt myself.

Reflection: as much as I wanted to post yesterday, I just didn't make time. It was much of the same, but I made dessert. The best thing about paleo dessert is that it's gratifying, and you don't have any regrets, plus you can eat as much as you want!! I made a type of apple crisp. Now, obviously the brown sugar loaded with butter wasn't in the ingredients. But considering the food i've been eating lately, this dessert was devine.

Apple Crisp for 1-2 people
1 apple cut into 24ths (small pieces)
about a cup of almond meal?
about a sprinkle of vanilla extract (real not fake!!!)
about a sprinkle of cinnamon
about a sprinkle of allspice.
a small spoon of coconut oil
a shot of Almond milk.

First, I cut the apple and put it into a really small baking dish. Then in a seperate bowl I eyeballed the almond meal, combined the spices and extract. The recipe I used called for five apples - just way too much for a little desert for me. So I just had to use a good eye. Then I heated up the coconut oil in a shot glass and poured it over the almond meal mix. I stirred it. Then, I toppled the apples with the mix and put it in the over for 50 minutes or so on 350 degrees. when it was steaming hot I added a shot of almond milk (kind of like the ice cream) and that made it extra tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment