Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 33

SLEEP: 8 hours

FOOD: bacon. eggs. spinach salad. 1/2 tomato. chicken. carrots. walnuts. raisins. 85% chocolate. PALEO CHILI! yum! recipe below. no pic, sorry.

GYM: crossfit total: backsquat, shoulder press - 60lb, deadlift - 160lb.

Reflection: So I was bummed out. All this paleo work and my shoulder press is weak, weaker than my old max rep. I can't remember my backsquat, but I know I wanted more. I was happy with the deadlift, as my old PR was 150. The only thing I can think of is my job at the preschool makes me sick on a regular basis so I skip many workouts, and around my sickness schedule I only get in the gym 2-3 times/week anyways. SHOW UP TO GO UP. so i'm continuing 3 days on 1 day off and I hope to see results when I benchmark next month. i'm loading up on Zinc to keep my immune system on guard so I can keep moving!


Chili Recipe -

1lb. Innis Angus ground beef (sorry, not found in stores - but on my grandparent's farm)
1 onion chopped up
1 red pepper diced up
1 can diced tomatoes in paste
1 jalepeno pepper (I would advice you to cut up 1/4 of it and then add to taste. I made it WAY too strong and started to pick them out after putting them in)
1 clove garlic pressed
chili powder
ground cumin

I used a stovetop pot to brown the beef, added onion, pepper, jalepenio pepper, tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder and mixed it all up. I just eyeballed and tasted as I went with the cumin and chili powder. I wanted it to be bold and not flat. I probably used 3 Tablespoons of chili powder and 1 TB of cumin. After I found a flavor I liked, I left it on the stovetop for 2 hours and it tasted quite perfect in the end. (except for the spicy jalepenos - i'm just not used to that)

No comments:

Post a Comment