Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Day ?


SLEEP:LOTS OF IT

FOOD:
Breakfast: Always B & E, baby - unless shaun makes it and it might have some kind of half raw, half cooked vegetable among the eggs.

Lunch: running late this morning, I only packed a small piece of chicken and a grapefruit *slap wrist

Dinner: Shaun made an incredibly tasty (to my surprise) pork and veggie meal. He seasoned the pork with chili powder and oregano. And Concocted steamed veggies (broccoli, red pepper, mushrooms) and toppeled the whole thing with walnuts.

Dessert with 300 movie! try heating almond milk on the stove and shaving paleo friendly chocolate in it!!! YUM!

GYM: abstolutely not

RREFLECTION: as you know, i've been sick since last Friday - no wonder last thursday's workout kicked my ass so hard. Having a fever for approx. 3 days last weekend brought me to an extreme low point with a paleo diet - you know - chicken noodle soup. Even the girl scout cookies roaming the pantry wouldn't have been savored as I've had no sense of taste or smell for six days. Either way, I still haven't taken a picture of my mid "before" picture. It's getting too late. I'm becoming "chiseled" with those dreamy crossfit Abs (never before earned) either because I was sick, and/or I'm eating like a caveman, and/or I'm enduring awesome workouts - and/or all of the above.

BY The Way! I made a plethora of food for Shaun on Thursday Evening taking recipes from Live Primal recipes (http://liveprimal.com/LPrecipes.pdf)! First I scrambled some butternut squash souffle & I substituted coconut milk with almond milk, boiled some broccoli, and cooked Zanibar Chicken which was ethnic, yet, tasty. I actually Jack Lalane-ed the orange to make the juice! Recipes below!

5.2.17 Zanibar Chicken
• 3 lbs chicken thighs and/or drumsticks
• 2 t cinnamon
• 1/4 t ground cloves
• 1/4 pepper
• 2 T olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed thru a press
• 3/4 c pure orange juice
• 3 T raisins
• 1/3 c slivered almonds
Season chicken with the spices. In a large fry pan, heat oil over med-high heat. Add
chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning until browned, about 10 minutes.
Remove and set aside. Add onion to pan. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and
cook 1 minute longer.
Return chicken to pan. Add orange juice and raisins. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15
minutes, until chicken is tender. Garnish with almonds.

6.14.2 Butternut Soufflé
• 1 c of butternut squash puree
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 t sea salt
• 1/2 t mustard powder
• 1 t paprika
• 2 T coconut milk
• handful of chopped pecans
Beat together all the ingredients except the pecans. Spread into a small greased baking
dish. Sprinkle the nuts on top. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes. Serves 2-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment