Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 5

SLEEP: 4.5 hours! Damn late movie.

FOOD:
AM - 2 eggs, 1 bacon, 4 cups coffee
lunch - 3 strawberries, finished last of the chili
PM - 2 eggs, raw broccoli, 2 bacon, handful of bluberries
PM snack off and on - 1 apple, 2 oz chicken, handful almonds, handful of acorn squash

GYM:
rest day

REFLECTION:
AAAHHGH. I'm still hitting the fruit pretty hard. rather than making bountiful meals full of protein and fat, I'm sabotaging this whole paleo thing. I continue to have cravings, especially those awesome sugar cookies with the icing on top; the kids had them at school today for our Valentines party and i ALMOST CAVED. They ate the cookies as slow as possible and it was TORTURE. I've also been awfully grumpy, and have been unusually sleepy around 3-4 each day. I am 1/4 Italian, so those characteristics sort of run in my blood. On another note, I am very pleased with this new-found lifestyle because without it, I would not have had BRUSSEL SPROUTS for the first time with last night's dinner. My parents would be proud to know that my taste buds are maturing. Do you remember sitting at the dinner table for hours after everyone else was excused? Good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment