Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 6

SLEEP: 8 hours

FOOD:
AM - 2 eggs, 3 bacon, 4 cups coffee
snack - 1oz chicken, 1 pear
PM Kristi's Bitch'n Beef Stew ;)
snack - cereal!! walnut, raisin, sunflower seed (no salt added to the nuts!) with 1/2 banana, sprinkle of cinnamon, with a mix of coconut and almond milk.
Wine in the evening.

GYM:
Group AMRAP 10 min - laura, sara, sarah, and me.
I completed 25, 50# snatch w/ laura. We accomplished 52 in 5 minutes. the next 5 minutes we headed for wallball. I completed approximately 65, 14# wallball in 5 minutes. I can't remember our team totals, but we beat the boys. OW OW!


REFLECTION: I felt good about today's workout, and convincing myself to add a bit more weight to the snatch could have been a good idea. The snatch is so much fun to accomplish! I am in transition to the 14lb wall ball, and at first I couldn't get a good throw. After doing 40 of them, I finally got my rhythm and that ball was shooting up to the 8ft (maybe it was the 10ft) mark.

This is how I know I'm not over my "paleo hump," I'm still thinking about all the foods I want to eat on day 46 - pizza, chocolate ice cream, and cereal! Although right now I am drooling at the thought, I am counting on the idea that I'll crave the epitome of "all natural" foods by day 45 rather than cheesy nachos - thanks for the smells, Adam. Some might wonder, why even go through this. And my only answer is that it's the right thing to do. I came across a health link upon signing out of my hotmail account today, and once getting inside, it non-nonchalantly disclosed findings that soda kills the kidneys and sugar can cause diabetes (no brainer). They were being so NICE about the idea that everday food we eat will break down our organs, and it appeared they were sugarcoating it like they were going to hurt someone's feelings. Food kills life and well being - I don't know what else to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment