Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 12

SLEEP: 5 HOURS (can't help falling asleep to the olympics late at night)

FOOD: bacon, eggs, coffee, chicken, asparagus, blood red orange, walnuts and raisins, 1/2 apple, bacon and eggs, Almond flour "breaded" chicken w/ mustard powder and dill w/ a side of brussel sprouts. ** attempt at primal mayo and ranch dressing

GYM: Rest day

REFLECTION: I should have expected a sickness coming around the corner. ugh. Last night's workout would have been nice challenge. Having swollen glands in my neck with my nose confused as whether it's running or stopped up as i'm breathlessly screeching to get that last push press before bowing down to 4 burpees - - - it would have been a mess.

My first attempt at breaded chicken with almond flour was okay. Obviously there's no salt, so it was bland. The almond flour was actually delightful and the texture maintained well as the chicken was frying in olive oil. As for the mayo and ranch - a flop in my opinion. The ranch calls for coconut milk which made it sweet, but I also didn't slowly add the oil in the blender as the recipe suggested. I just threw it all in. perhaps another attempt is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment