Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Breakfast Stuffed Tomato

Ingredients: preheat oven 400 degrees
breakfast meat
zucchini
onion
leek
egg
tomato

I wanted something a little different, so once again I turned to The Primal Blueprint Cookbook. I saw this (but w/ bison and no veggies) and I wanted to make my own little creation. Turn on your oven to 400 degrees. Put a pan on the stove and heat it to medium. Add your breakfast meat (I used sausage) and cook it well. Then I diced the onion, leek, and zucchini, added it to the meat, and tossed it around to brown. While that's cooking, cut the top of your tomato and spoon all the insides out (kind of like you do a pumpkin on halloween, but less messy). Put the tomato in the oven (I included the tomato top) only for 5-7 minutes (you don't want it to come out mushy, and mine did just a little). Then, you can either make room on the pan w/ your veggies, or already have a new pan on another burner warmed up to fry your egg. Sprinkle olive oil on the pan - I like my egg over easy w/ a little bit of runny yolk! :)

When everything's cooked, put the tomato on your plate. Pour the golden browned veggies in your tomato, egg on top, tomato topper the egg, and that's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment