Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Colorado Chicken

I got this recipe from The Paleo Diet Cookbook. The main difference between this and The Primal Blueprint is the Paleo Diet Cookbook has many recipes but no pictures. Although The Primal Blueprint has fewer recipes, I love it because there isn't only a picture of the final product, but also a picture of all the ingredients plus picture during the making of the meal.

Ingredients:(serves 2)
preheat oven 425 degrees
5 - 3 oz. chickens
1 diced tomato
2 cups mushrooms sliced
1 cup chicken broth
olive oil
pepper

Heat the pan on medium. Add olive oil and some pepper. Add your chicken, cover and cook 2-3 minutes on each side (if you are using larger breasts, make it 5 minutes). I put the chicken in a glass baking dish and kept it aside. I went back to the pan on the stove and added mushrooms and covered for about 10 minutes, then I added the diced tomato and chicken broth. Bring it to a boil then simmer for about 5 minutes. I added the mushrooms,broth, and tomatoes to the chicken in the baking dish. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes.

While that was cooking I put brussel sprouts and olive oil on medium heat on the stove. When they were almost finished cooking (a point when you can easily put your fork through em and they start to brown) I tried something new and squeezed some tangerine juice and then tore apart the rest of the tangerine to add to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment