Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Meatloaf and Beet Chips


Ingredients: preheat oven 350 degrees
1lb beef (makes 6 patties)
1 egg
1/2 yellow onion chopped
1/3 garlic clove minced (could've used 1/2)
1/4 cup of marinara sauce
1/2 cup almond meal
1 Fresh Beet thinly sliced
as many brussel sprouts you want chopped up
some salt, some pepper

Add everything (except the beets and brussel sprouts) and finger mush it until it's all blended. Tell your kid to wash his/her hands and start mashing. I made patties (takes less time than a loaf), put them on aluminum foil, and had them in the oven for 20 minutes or so. They were probably sitting for another 10-15 minutes after I turned the heat off, waiting for Shaun to return from the gym. This was plenty of time to make our side dish!

I like to try new things week to week. This week, BEETS! I was never one to try them at the dinner table when I was growing up, but there's no doubt your kid would love them when you give it to em chip style! I made them tonight because I bought the Primal Cookbook and saw veggie chips. Basically, get some olive oil really hot. Cut the beets thin like a potato chip. Put in a few at a time (you don't want to crowd them), but keep your eye on it because it'll burn quickly. After 30 seconds-1 minute turn them over; after 30seconds-1 minute put them on a plat to the side. Just keep repeating the process until you are out of beet...fyi to new cooks like me, don't put the beet chips in the oven to keep warm because they will get soggy :( When you do them right, They are so SWEET and CRUNCHY and YUMMY and PALEO! I had leftover olive oil in the pan, so I chopped some brussel sprouts and let them get a golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment