Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Swiss Chard Frittata








Ingredients:
olive oil
a bunch of Swiss Chard (I used 2 leafs, but you can use the whole bunch)
1/2 onion, chopped
6 eggs
fresh herbs (basil or parsley or oregano)


Breakfast can get old FAST. So, I browsed through the Primal Blueprint Cookbook (I love it because of the pictures from start to finish) and found something to make for breakfast . My new purchase this week was Swiss Chard; it's a large, green leafed, red veined vegetable.

1. put a pan on the stove, drizzle olive oil in it.
2. chop the Swiss Chard into pieces.
3. chop onion into pieces; put it in the pan until they are golden and mushy.
4. Add the Swiss Chard. Saute for about 5 minutes or until the leaves are wilted.
5. In a seperate bowl I whisked the eggs together, then added it to the pan.
6. Cover the pan so the egg will cook through - about 5 minutes or so.


You can feel free to add to this, such as peppers or sausage. This time I cooked sausage on the side, and we had a pomegranate that we needed to eat up.


Too busy to eat healthy in the morning?
I get this all the time: I can't eat healthy because "I'm TOO BUSY." BuHLONY! To make this meal during a busy morning just prepare in advance. When I get new vegetables, I will chop everything up at one time and store it in containers (Sunday and Wednesday night ritual). The night before your breakfast, crack your eggs and whisk in a bowl and put saran wrap over it. Chop your veggies; or, if they are already chopped, combine them in a bowl, and put them next to your eggs in the fridge. When you wake up, turn on your coffee, turn on the stove, get your pan, drizzle oil, throw in the veggies, go wash your face, stir the veggies, go put on some clothes (that you already laid out the night before), go back to the kitchen and pour the eggs in the pan, put the lid on, cut half an apple or grill up some sausage on the george foreman or a seperate pan or pack your lunch or do the dishes or fix your hair or put on your makeup. MAKE WAITING TIME INTO DOING TIME. let me know how this works out for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment