Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Taco Salad


Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
cumin
chille powder
romain lettuce
1 tomato
1 avocado
2-3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 onion diced
cilantro
lemon

This just really hit the spot tonight! When I was turning paleo, I looked on the back of the Ortega packet, and figured out I could do what they do. So I lost the other useless ingredients and invested in Cumin. First, brown your meat on medium.

While the meat was browning I made guacamole - theres no way I can have taco salad w/out this. Mash 1 avocado, lemon juice (i sqeeze and taste; do a few drops at a time. You dont want tang, just a little umph!), 1/2 - 1 clove of garlic minced (continuing to taste so it's not overwhelming), and some salt. I also cut up some tomato for the top of my salad.

When you're finished with the guac, and the meat is brown, add 1/2 of the 1/2 onion to the meat (and i like raw onion, too, so i saved the other half raw for topping). Add 1-2 cloves of garlic to the meat (1 first, then more if you want). Add cumin, chile powder, and salt (i just sprinkled lightly all around and tasted to my liking).

In the end you just pile it all on together with some cilantro and it's a delicious taco salad! Make it! Tonight! Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment