Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pumpkin Nut Muffins

Ingredients: preheat oven 400 degrees, makes 12 muffins
1/2 C. coconut flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. pureed pumpkin
6 Eggs, beaten
4 Tbs. coconut oil OR gently melted unsalted butter
1/3 C. pure maple syrup or honey (Grade B or less)
1 tsp. real Vanilla extract
some pecans
12 aluminum muffin liners

Holy Cow! Where was this recipe when I had my last 45 day, no cheating, paleo challenge!? Now that I'm preparing for a lifetime of paleo, I'm extremely excited that I have The Primal Blueprint Cookbook to give me amazingly healthy, delicious recipes like this. GO TRY IT RIGHT NOW.  If you don't have coconut flour, go buy it, and you can also make a pancake recipe that I'll post soon.

Grease a muffin pan very well, or you can prevent the mess by getting aluminum muffin liners. 1st, combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl #1; blend, stir well, and set aside.  Get bowl #2 and add the pumpkin puree. One by one add the eggs and mix well.  Add the oil/butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.  Mix well. Add the dry ingredients from bowl #1 and whisk until you don't see any lumps. You can add chopped nuts if you want. I added mine on top.  Use a spoon to fill in muffin pan or liners 3/4 full.  They will rise a little bit.  Bake 18-20 minutes.  I kept mine inside for 20 minutes.  You can get a toothpick to poke through the muffin; if it comes out "clean" then they are ready to come out.  I prefer the muffins warm, but they are yummi warm or room temp.  The muffins stuck to the liners just a little bit. It wasn't big problem, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment