Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chicken Vegetable Soup


Ingredients

  • Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
  • 3 slices lean, smoky good quality bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 10 sticks of asparagus
  • 1 Leek, cut white roots, wash really well, and chopped into 1/2 inch piece,
  • some salt
  • some garlic powder
  • 1/2 quarts chicken stock
  • 1 (15-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes no salt added

Directions

Heat a medium soup pot or deep sided skillet over medium-high heat with diced tomatoes.

On a skillet I added chicken, and cooked asparagus next to it. I seasoned the chicken withwith Weber's Kickin Chicken. On a Seperate Skillet I cooked the bacon; when it was brown and crisp, I added the leeks and cut up the asparagus that was cooking with the chicken to the bacon grease. After about 5-10 minutes when i figured it was a good time,I combined the stock and veggies with the tomotoes. Cut the chicken into pieces and add to the soup. I added some garlic and salt for seasoning. You can add other spices and flavors to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment