Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Paleo Pizza


When you make a pizza with only almond meal and eggs to make your "crust," you know from the start it's not going to be the "real deal." But hey, it suffices because you know that you won't have to sleep on your side due to a bloated belly. This is a recipe for 2 hungry people -3 medium hungry people.

preheat oven to 250-300 (after about 15 minutes, i turned it up to 300...i just felt like it)

1 cup of almond meal
3 eggwhites
spritz of olive oil (keep it aside)
3 TBS of cashew butter (optional - it just costs more than I wanted to pay)

*stir it all but olive oil together. When it looks like morning grits, then spread the olive oil around the baking sheet (I put down foil, then olive oil. my crust stuck to the foil and broke it into pieces, so next time I won't use foil). The recipe called for 1/4 inch thick crust, but Next time i'll probably try to make it as flat as possible. I was overhwhelmed with the crust when it was done. I put it in the over for around 30 minutes, just keep your eye on it.

1C broccoli chopped
1-2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 red bell pepper chopped
1/4 C onions chopped
handful mushrooms chopped
a dash of fennel seed
a dash of oregano
1 C Pomi Marinara Sauce
5 chicken strips (i put the chicken seperate in a george foreman for about 7 minutes, then cut it up into pieces)

http://www.prestigeclearance.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/image0175.png I found this sauce on sale at Bloomingfoods. It's awsome and these are the ingredients: crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, onions, olive oil, salt, garlic, sugar (ok not perfect), parsley, oregano, natural flavor, pepper.

While my crust is in the oven, i put the veggies in a skillet. You don't want them to get mushy, but mine got mushy since I'm still learning. I added everything but the sauce to the skillet.

When the crust seemed pretty much all the way baked instead of raw, I took it out and put the sauce down, and the veggies on top of it, and then the chicken pieces. I put it back in the oven for many another 10 minutes...

This mean took me an hour, but I'm not an experienced cook in general, nor with paleo recipes. Just have FUN with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment