Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chicken Pesto Spinach Salad


Main Ingredients for 2 people:
8 chicken strips
lots of spinach
3 strips of bacon
a medium bowl of cauliflower
pesto

Pesto Sauce recipe provided by Everyday Paleo
4 oz fresh basil (3 ½ cups)
1 cup walnut halves and pieces
6 garlic cloves
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
Juice from ½ a lemon

Firstly, I bought pesto from Bloomingfoods. It included parmasen :/ I've made paleo pesto in the past when I grew the basil. This time I bought it. I didn't use lemon in my recipe, but it's good to try new things. I put the bacon on the george foreman; while that was cooking I washed and cut up the spinach (don't forget to pat dry the spinach). When the bacon was done I cut it up into pieces. Then I put the chicken on the george foreman. In the meantime I steamed the cauliflower with a drop of water in a bowl, covered with saran wrap for 2-4 minutes (it depends on how much cauliflower you makeit shouldn't be hard when you take it out of the microwave).

I wanted to try out the new mini food processer my grandma gave me, so i put my cauliflower in it with some garlic. If you try this, put in tiny amounts of garlic and taste it as you go along. I made mine with WAY too much- i used half a clove on that small plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment