Paleo Recipes

Its not a diet. It's realizing you have the potential to live stronger and live longer.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Paleo Pizza

I found this paleo pizza on Paleo Gurl’s blogger. There are some things I'd do differently next time, but it was definitely better than the one I made with Almond meal.  Because I added the basil, oregano, and garlic to the dough it really helped me feel like this pizza was "complete."  All the regular font are words from the original blogger, and the words in bold are additionally my thoughts. This meal will feed a hungry man and a hungry woman.
http://mail.google.com/a/hoosiercrossfit.com/?ui=2&ik=daf7517896&view=att&th=12e6f37aff1e94a5&attid=0.3&disp=inline&zw
This is a picture of my pizza. yum!

Crust
Toppings:
  • Marinera Sauce/pizza sauce (watch out for sugar!) )
  • 1 small can pineapple
  • canadian bacon
  • green onions
  • 1 red bellpepper
My toppers were different.  And, if you cut up too much, you can always save it for your omlet in the morning.
  •  Marinera Sauce/pizza sauce (watch out for sugar!) (I found a great pizza sauce pack.  It comes in 3s at Bloomingfoods called Rustic Crust "Old World Pizza Sauce." It was tastey)
  • red, yellow, orange sweet mini bell peppers
  • onions
  • mushrooms
  • bacon (I cut it up into pieces and cooked it until it was almost done)
Directions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl. Mix in milk and garlic.Add remaining ingredients and beat into the milk mixture. The dough will be thinner in consistency then regular dough (more like a batter). Add just a bit more coconut flour if needed. The dough needs to be spreadable and thin but not extremely liquid-y like pancake batter. Spread thinly and evenly on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.  (I would probably spread it even Thinner than what I did so I can taste more veggies than bread). Line it with greased parchment paper (parchment paper is a must require!! This sticks terribly!). (I, unfortunately, was using someone elses kitchen and only had Pam and Foil.  It worked out well for me).
Bake for 12-20 minutes in preheated oven. Crust is done when fully cooked through and bottom edges begin to brown. Remove crust from oven and turn over. Carefully peel parchment paper from the bottom of the crust and place crust back on parchment paper with the bottom side up.Top your pizza with sauce and whatever else you would like. Bake for another 5-10 minutes, depending on the toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment